This past Monday we held our annual 4th grade Famous Artist Living Wax Museum. This unit is a culmination of a month long unit where the teacher steps back and facilitates the students as they delve into the world and minds of famous artists from both past and present. The students worked in groups to complete the following for their wax museum presentation:
- Researched the artist using the internet, encyclopedias, and various informational texts.
- Wrote a biography and a reflection about the author and his or her work.
- Created a timeline illustrating important events in the author’s life.
- Critiqued one of the artist’s paintings using the art criticism method of describing, interpreting, analyzing, and evaluating.
- Wrote a first person point of view script based on important events and the significance of the artist.
- Created a visual background to host the above materials.
- Recreated one of the artist’s pieces of work individually.
- Recreated one of the artist’s pieces of work as a group where all opinions were considered.
See each group and their artist represented in the pictures above.